Aitutaki


Advertisement
Cook Islands' flag
Oceania » Cook Islands
August 18th 2008
Published: September 4th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We had to check out of Inanos for 9.30am and our flight wasn’t until 4.40pm so we stored our bags with the owners of the accommodation and then spent the day moving from eating establishment to eating establishment. It was too hot to sit out, so we had breakfast, lunch and drinks to kill the time!

The flight back was good fun. We had the back row of seats all to ourselves meaning we could both have a window seat to see the amazing view as the plane went over the motus.

When we arrived at Raro airport we found out that our transfer hadn’t been booked, but we managed to get onto the bus that was dropping off the Aitutaki day trippers. On our way around the island (we went the wrong way around for our resort - instead of five minutes one way, the bus went the other way meaning we had to do a whole trip around the island) the bus got a puncture so instead of a ten minute journey it took more like an hour and a half instead. But Cook Islanders are so friendly and laid back that nobody cared.

We finally arrived at Club Raro, our accommodation in Rarotonga. It was a completely different place to where we’d stayed before on the island. As we had a flight to Tahiti booked for the following day we had decided to stay local to the airport. It was a proper big tourist resort, not like the small local run places we’d stayed up until now. Immediately we didn’t like it but knew it was only for one night. Our room was by the pool and the front wall was all glass, meaning everyone could see into your whole room if you had your curtains open. All of the rooms were attached and the walls were thin. As it was primarily a young people’s resort it meant listening to loud voices well into the night. We bought internet access which was an extortionate £9 for two hours, way more than the internet cafes charge, but we hadn’t been online in a week and needed to check our bank accounts.

We went to sleep pleased that we were going to escape the following day.




Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0322s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb