Paradise


Advertisement
Cook Islands' flag
Oceania » Cook Islands » Rarotonga
June 17th 2006
Published: July 14th 2006
Edit Blog Post

WOW...............

This place is amazing.

Some of the clearest blue water i've ever seen and white sand. Just stunning.

Arrived in the Cooks and were picked up by our transfer truck to head to Vara's Beach Backpackers. Ky and I took the option of sitting on the back of the pick up truck with all the luggage, good way of enjoying the sunshine and seeing the sights.

We had a week of lazing in the sun (when it was out) and met some really nice people in our accommodation called Drew and Becky who we spent many evenings chilling out with talking about travels. The Cook Islands are full of beautiful beaches and we were based on one of the most beautiful - Muri Beach. Our first day we were really tired and the time difference took some getting used to, so we fell asleep in the sunshine. Ky had a go at cracking open a coconut too (but failed), see the pic.

Much like LA, we thought that the best way to get around would be to walk....... our first day was a Sunday and many of the shops were closed, so we headed out to the only supermarket on the island that was open on a sunday - it was a 5 hour round trip!! Some incredibly beautiful beaches to walk along thuogh that made it bearable.

We hired Kayaks and paddled out to some of the islands just off the shore and also went snorkelling. Saw some HUGE blue star fish which Ky dared my to pick up, so when I did and tried to hand it to her she wasn't best pleased. The water was so shallow in the reef there that it was actually possible to walk over to the islands and we could have a whole beach to ourselves!

The weather wasn't amazing during our stay there, we had a few wet days.

Next stop Fiji!


Advertisement



Tot: 0.098s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0395s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb