Rarotonga


Advertisement
Cook Islands' flag
Oceania » Cook Islands » Rarotonga
August 9th 2008
Published: August 10th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

la 2 cooks


We got up bright and early to catch the bus as Saturday is market day in town and it’s a big affair where most of the islanders visit. We browsed around the market (mostly food and craft stalls) and then walked into town to have a look around the shops. I was determined to buy a black pearl but Matt wasn’t impressed at how expensive they were so a compromise was reached and I bought a necklace and bracelet that had cultured pearls (ie real not fake man made shell pearls) but they were imperfect which made them a bit cheaper (and I think it also gave them a bit more character).

We then hopped back on the bus back to Muri and went for lunch to restaurant right on the beach where you can eat with sand between your toes.

The weather over the last week had been strange - sometimes hot, mostly windy and sometimes a bit chilly. Today had been hot so far and we had planned to spend the afternoon in the lagoon after lunch. But on our way back to get our beach things a storm blew in and the rain came down, so we were forced to spend the afternoon in our villa enjoying the view from our covered balcony instead. Maybe it was my fault for turning down the warriors offer of a dance last night?!

Seeing as it has been an expensive few days we decided we needed a night in to give our wallets a rest.


































.



Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



14th August 2008

Fabulous time
Sounds like you really are having the time of your life! I just visited you blog for the first time today and I'm really jealous, although you must have spent ages writing it all up, its like a mini travel guide. Its been raining in Blighty for the last week and in some places in East Anglia we have already had the whole month's rainfall in 14 days. Wish I was there. Lots of Love Den X

Tot: 0.194s; Tpl: 0.029s; cc: 8; qc: 54; dbt: 0.1179s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb