5 March update


Advertisement
Cook Islands' flag
Oceania » Cook Islands » Rarotonga
March 5th 2008
Published: March 5th 2008
Edit Blog Post

My Buddy Bill, yapdivers@mantaray.com warned me that writing a regular news letter was hard work and I laughed, I owe you a beer buddy.

The last few weeks we have been without all of our regular summer visitors and this is always a quieter time for us. Our two PADI Instructor candidates Fai and Meti are back from NZ and are now qualified Instructors, well done men! We have had some interesting folk through however, a couple of professional stunt pilots from the UK, obviously both certifiably crazy but lot’s of fun. A bunch of Kiwi’s from Queenstown who had the tradition of a few beers after a Dive down to a fine art and only dived mornings to boot. Shane has found another new nudibranch and we will shortly be putting together an updated nudibranch poster. We have had lots of sharks this summer and the South Coast has certainly proved the place to be.

Our new animals are a worry; the two puppies and the kitten are growing up together and seem to have a species recognition problem. The cat (Zero) at 2Kg regularly takes on any or all of the dogs except Shadow and with Scruffy weighing in at 25KG this is no mean feat. Hugo regularly wanders around on the roof and is an accomplished pillion passenger on the back of Bonds bike. I wonder if he will need a helmet when the new laws come into effect?

A freak weather incident over the weekend saw a little tornado shoot over the lagoon and up the hill down by our place at Nikao. A couple of roofs were lost and a little drinking house down by the main road ended up being a tree house. Fortunately no one was injured. The proposed new sports stadium is causing a lot of controversy; it certainly seems as if govt is so used to living beyond their means that it is the norm now. I wonder how the private sector would have dealt with the whole “Games Issue)? On a rare occasion recently we had two cruise boats arrive on the same day, this had town looking almost as busy as Seven Mile Beach.

Okay, enough for now, more in a couple of weeks.
Regards Greg



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



6th March 2008

Good newsletter
Hi Greg, Thanks for copying us. Looks great! Just got back from a Yap visit and had a great time. 3 of the 4 kids were there, so we got to see almost everyone. J/P

Tot: 0.143s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0589s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb