Cook Islands cyclones and relaxation


Advertisement
Cook Islands' flag
Oceania » Cook Islands » Rarotonga
January 18th 2008
Published: January 18th 2008
Edit Blog Post

So we arrived in Rarotonga intending to settle in for some serious relaxation. We talked of sun , a shady palm tree and a cold drink, a good book and not much else. Of course as we are both A type personalities this would have lasted about 5 mins before Brian started a coup and I reorganised their retail sector. So to make sure we did indeed relax a cyclone hit us the day we arrived. It was very beautiful, crashing waves, torrential rain and coconut trees swaying and spreading their debris everywhere. Now amny people play a lot to go storm watching at Torfino but it was really great watching it from here. Our room is beach front high enough to see everything, warm and dry and very cosy. So with a drink in hand, a good book and time to snooze we had fun. In between we rented a car to see the damage done. The temperature was 28 degrees so not at all cold and every so often the sun came out. A cargo boat was washed up on the reef which was exciting.

Tomorrow we fly even further out to the island of Aititaki. Maybe the
Cook IslandsCook IslandsCook Islands

Rarotonga, the prime minusters residence. He was in Fiji or Brian was planning to stop by to see him.
weather will improve but really it is lovely doing nothing.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

Cook IslandsCook Islands
Cook Islands

Rarotonga
Cook IslandsCook Islands
Cook Islands

Statute of God at the perfume factory
Cook IslandsCook Islands
Cook Islands

Rarotonga
Cook IslandsCook Islands
Cook Islands

The beach
Cook IslandsCook Islands
Cook Islands

The beach
Cook IslandsCook Islands
Cook Islands

Shipwreck


Tot: 0.082s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0483s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb