Diving and Walking


Advertisement
Cook Islands' flag
Oceania » Cook Islands » Rarotonga
September 21st 2003
Published: August 8th 2007
Edit Blog Post

More diving of course. Friday we had a morning off and went for a long walk along the old inner ring road and back along the beach. The afternoons dive was back at Paradise Reef for a navigation dive. That went well, and we even had time after all the compass work and counting kicks to just swim round and look at the reef and fish. That was our last course dive, and we are now advanced open water divers.

Saturday we had a day off from diving, but didn’t sit back and relax. We went into Avarua in the morning for a look around the big Saturday market. Plenty of fruit and veges, along with all the touristy stuff. We got some fruit and then stocked up on other food at the supermarket.

We tried to hire a moped in the afternoon, but as we cant get the necessary Cook Island drivers license until Monday (essential for insurance) we decided to just get a couple of push bikes for the afternoon instead. We cycled as far as Muri Beach, stopping here and there along the way, and for a swim and ice cream on the way back.

This morning was walked the track up to Raemaru for some good views over part of the island. Hard work in places but worth it. Our afternoons dive was again cancelled due to rough seas, so we did some lounging around instead. We joined heaps of others at the hostel watching movies. Gotta be lazy now and then .


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.036s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0208s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb