Trip to the Pinnacles


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Perth
May 1st 2006
Published: May 9th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Jen & I started the day at 6.45am and after being collected at the Tourist Park we travelled north with the first stop being a visit to the Cavesham Animal Park. Apperntly some 350,000 people visit the park each year. We saw Koalas and Kangaroos etc and fed some of the animals. Many of the group had a wombat sit on them and this tickled the fancy of many of the overseas visitors. From here we ventured north to the Pinacles after enjoying lunch at Cervantes. On the way we also saw a wind farm with some 20 of the giant fans already erected. A great sight indeed. The journey to Pinnacles was Ok as the coach was quite new. The driver explained how the rock structure came about and was quite interesting. Similar outcrops are as far south as Albany I think. On the way home we called in to Lancelin and had a hair raising ride on Big Foot up and down the sand hills. Some of the group also slid down the side of the monstrous hills. NOT ME. (crook back !!!!) The pinnacles took some 600 years to form (would you believe) and in essence the whole trip was a worthwhile exercise. We arrived home at 8.15pm so it was a long tiring but enjoyable day.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.088s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0445s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb