Home Base


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Perth
January 7th 2011
Published: January 7th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Greetings readers.

This blog is created simply for the fact to keep my friends and family updated on my travels. Since lord knows im horrible with keeping up with phone calls.
My intent, much like many, is to write down the events that occure during my travels. Mostly the humerous and fun.
Aready i have a bit of a late start for i had been to melbourne to visit my sister for new years, yet only now write about it, but thats neither here nor there.

Things of particular note from Melbourne:

Landed in Avalon, unfortunately not on a very misty day. In fact on a 40 degree day. Still counts in my books.
Part time pink flamingo D.J.
Club with people dressed up as kickass and spongebob (a most awesom new years, truly)
A station called Batman. I kid you not, Batman. Sadly i did not stop there, why? Because it was Bat Country.

New years delight was spent at 1 am, drinking coffee in an open cafe, in sweltering heat of 30 plus, in a long sleeve shirt and listening to the sound of drunken revelry. Though no wear near as fun as spending new years with friends you know well, it was nother the less memorable. I made a pact with myself to one day try one of those tall tall fruity cocktails served at the casino. Hopefully on a day where i can actually reach the damn bar.

Though i am home right now, i plan to backpack soon. Where to? The U.K. and Ireland. For many reasons.
First and foremost? My dad was born in England and my Granddad in Wales, this has lead to me being very curious as to my "ancestral' home and what it is like.
Two i am itching, positively itching to see a new culture, new city (and by new i mean old. love old buildings) and new people. Being somewhat cautious i figure that the U.K. would be a good baby step since it is rather similar to australia. Since, you know, Australia was where England sent all those that annoyed them. It's only poetic justice i go back and bother them now.
Three, i have always, ALWAYS wanted to see Snow. Ever since i was very little, that and Faeries. One or the other i'm not fussed.

So my passport is coming in the mail, i have most everything i need to get packing. All i need to do is set down actual paper work for it and im good.

I'll keep you readers posted.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.201s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.1692s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb