Good things come to those who wait...so here's my blog!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Perth
November 26th 2010
Published: November 26th 2010
Edit Blog Post

So finally I am writing my next entry, but you will be pleased to know I have plenty to write about. I am going to start from where I left off with my last blog. First of all, I have dared to drive again and actually am rather fond of the beat up old pick up truck and...drum roll please...I also have a job...YAY! Anyway I will tell you more about that later.
So since my last blog I have done a lot and spent loads of time with my family. I went dolphin watching in Mandurah and unfortunately we didn't see any dolphins so I won't bore you with any more details of that.
I later went to Cahuna Wildlife park - It was ridiculously good! I got to stroke some kangaroos, wallabies and deer. One kangaroo took a liking to me and at first scared me half to death when it stood up on its back legs and its face was literally inches from my face...but it was so cool! I then even cuddled it...wouldn't try that with a wild kangaroo though, would most likely end up being kicked in the face and nobody wants that...I hope. I also made friends with a galah - it was so amazing, it stuck its head through the cage and let me stroke it and then when I stopped it climbed up its cage so it was level with me and kept saying hello until I stroked him again...very cute. But the BEST bit of this visit has to be holding a baby Koala...oh yes...it seriously was the sweetest little thing I have seen in my entire life - I struggled not to stick him in my bag and run, but I don't know how easy it would be to get that through security at the airport so it was probably best not to. I of course have a stupid amount of pictures of the visit so just have a look on my Facebook.
Now, onto the job...finally I got one - I am waitressing for a catering company which is really fun and I work with some really nice people. Although I would have liked a few more shifts I really have enjoyed it so much and have some money after spending all but $5 of my money. I earn $20 per hour - I'm freaking rolling in it...well kind of. I got the job through a friend of my cousin Erica's and her husband and I pretty much got my first shift almost straight away after meeting him which was very good!
The one thing that really sucks - seeing as I'm in bloody Perth and you would think this would be a standard thing to do - I haven't yet been to the beach properly BUT I will finally be going on Sunday to Hilary's Harbor where we are going to the beach *sigh of relief*; so everything's looking up on the beach front!
OK so I said 'the one thing' but there is actually one more thing that drives me mad...the freaking flies...they are no ordinary flies - they fly into your face and just sit on you despite waving around like a crazy person. And there are so many!!! But I guess that's the down side with this heat.
Anyway, no more moaning and on with the blog...Erica and the kids took me to have a BBQ by a river which was so nice - they have these public BBQ's here which anyone can use and they don't get trashed or ruined which is pretty good! It was such a nice day and the park was beautiful and that was my first official Australian Barbie.
Last week I went whale watching with Erica which was so incredible! And we actually saw whales which was a bonus. It was a 2 hour long trip and within the first 20 minutes we saw some whales, a mother, a baby and an 'escort' - basically a man that fancies the mum because she had a baby and that can only mean good things! The whales came really close to the boat but unfortunately we didn't see any tales or crazy flips out of the water but I have about 1000 pictures of fins in the water which I will upload onto Facebook asap! I swear I was like a child at Christmas - it was so exciting!! After the whale watching Erica and I went shopping - I bought far too many presents but we had the best day. It was also the hottest day so far - 41 degrees!!! But thankfully the wind on the boat made it pretty pleasant.
I have quite a few plans for my last couple of weeks here in Perth; including, Fremantle prison tour, visiting Rotnest Island and Penguin Island, going to Perth Zoo (tomorrow!!), the beach! And much more so I am very excited.
I'll try and write in a blog again much sooner than this time, night night everyone.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0496s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb