Perth


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Perth
November 30th 2009
Published: November 30th 2009
Edit Blog Post

25-11-09 We started off today with Den going to check a tyre that was going down on the car, it had a nail in the tyre, Then went to get his hearing aides checked & got an appointment for Friday in Perth . We tried to book into a van park for xmas , but had no luck, so will try tomorrow. We rang the kids & caught up on the news & then took the girls to the vet for their yearly needles etc, etc, $350 later. I knew I should have been a vet. Den had to take his medication for his colostomy for tomorrow. What a day, we are sick of Dr’s appointments, it’s a bitch getting old. (It’s got to get better). We had tea & had an early night.

26-11-09 Well a quiet day today , I had to go to the Dr in the morning & actually it was a very long day. We had to wait till 4 pm for Den to go to the hospital, he had to fast after 10 am & just wait around poor thing. We Skyped Merry , as Dad, Ivy, Brett & Kara were there for lunch, it was nice to talk to them. I took Den into hospital & came back to the van & waited for the hospital to ring. I picked him up at 8pm & he was good, they found 2 polyps that were sent away for analysis & we should have the results in a week or so. The specialist was not concerned & thought all was ok. We will go back to the Dr for the results.

27-11-09 Den is really good today so we thought we would go out & get a few things & take his hearing aids to get looked at. They had to be sent away, we saw this neat old Hotel called Raffles, so we had lunch & a drink & it was so pleasant sitting outside & looking at the Swan River. We then decided to go & look at some caravans & saw one we liked at Jayco, a Stirling Outback off road van that is the same length as ours, but a different layout, with a big 2 door fridge, a washing machine, a slide out side in the bedroom a built in BBQ. They made us a good offer on our van & it made us think. We got home & had tea & watched TV.

28-11-09 Today we went to Mandurah to look at a few different vans & we loved the Retreat, but there was a 8 month waiting time, we came back to Jayco & compared the van to the others & they offered us a really good deal, throwing in an annex for a great price & adding a few extra things as well. We talked it over & we now are the proud owners of a new van. We pick it up on the 9-12-09. We had a drink with our next door neighbours & then had some tea.

29-11-09 Today we did a little cleaning & we filled out Centrelink forms as we have an appointment with them tomorrow. So a very quiet day in deed.

30-11-09 We went to measure a few things in the new van & did some running around & went to Centrelink, what a hassle. Den has to get assessed next week on Monday & on it goes. I have to get another Drs form filled out, honest I think they make it this hard so you just give up. We had a drink in a Tavern at the suburb of Warwick on the way home it was nice. The girls were pleased to see us.




Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement



6th December 2009

Jealous!
Hi guys. Don't know if I will let Brett look at this blog, he may end up at the caravan dealer upgrading too!! Looks great, very happy for you guys! Bet you can't wait! Love Mofos 1 and 2 xoxo

Tot: 0.093s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0393s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb