Australia


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Perth
December 29th 2008
Published: January 28th 2009
Edit Blog Post

It was a lovely feeling not having to be anywhere today. Matt wasn’t impressed that I wanted to drag him to the beach for the afternoon but I felt we needed to make the most of being in Perth while we could. I finally got him up and about around noon and we took a walk to Quinn’s Beach which was a fifteen minute walk away.

It was much quieter than on Christmas Day but there were a few groups out enjoying the sun. There weren’t so many people in the water this time - the recent shark attack seemed to have put people off, especially seeing as we’d heard that one had been spotted a couple of beaches along twenty meters from the shore. The report we’d read in the morning newspaper explained to us that the helicopter we’d seen going backwards and forwards along the coast was there to spot sharks. There were complaints that it hadn’t been running on the day that the man had been killed but they argued that they didn’t have the funds to run it all the time. Today it was out again and I suspected it would remain out for the next few days.

We spent a relaxing couple of hours on the beach until the sun got too much for us, then we walked back checking out all of the lovely big houses on the way and deciding how ours would look if we built one.

We meant to spend the evening doing some online admin but got carried away drinking wine with Jo and Nit so sat outside talking and drinking until it got late. Luckily we were drinking too much wine to think about the spiders lurking out there…


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

This looked like our ideal plot!This looked like our ideal plot!
This looked like our ideal plot!

And it was only a couple of minutes walk from the ocean!


Tot: 0.161s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 7; qc: 51; dbt: 0.1135s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb