Australia


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Perth
December 26th 2008
Published: January 28th 2009
Edit Blog Post

After breakfast, Nitin and Jo took us to the train station nearby so that we could get the train to a place called Guildford to meet up with Matt’s granddad’s cousin Dave and his wife Barbara. The train journey was easy - everywhere was well sign posted and everything was so clean and new.

An hour later we arrived wondering whether we’d be able to spot Dave at the station as we’d never met him - it was actually much easier than we’d expected as he was the only one there!

Dave took us back to his house to meet Barbara and we spent a lovely sunny afternoon with them in their garden. We drank wine and beer, ate bbq food and chatted about family and life in Perth compared with life back home. We could have stayed there talking much longer but unfortunately we had to get back as we were going out later.

Nitin picked us up from the station and we had enough time for a change of clothes before heading out to watch our first ever soccer match - Perth Glory verses Adelaide.

I had to feel a bit sorry for Adelaide - they were seriously getting heckled which can’t have done much for their confidence (although it didn‘t matter as they won anyway). I was pleased to say I’d watched a match but can’t say I’ll ever be a football fan!

After the match Nitin drove us to Kings Park again so that we could catch the view we saw on Christmas Eve in darkness with all of the city lit up. The park was surprisingly busy with people having the same idea as us.

The park lights stopped us from getting the full view of the stars, but it didn’t matter as the lights of the city more than made up for it.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.039s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0211s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb