Perth


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Perth
January 11th 2006
Published: January 17th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Got up early, grabbed a coffee and my favourite creamy fruit yoghurt (only made in australia) and waited at a bus stop for the double decker sightseeing bus. After waiting for some time i enquired with the concierge at the adjacent hotel to find out that both buses had been destroyed in an arson attack some 6 months ago! Just as well i hadn't decided to wait any longer! I ended up getting on a sightseeing tram instead. This went along the beautiful waterfront and gardens to the Burswood Entertainment Complex and Casino, the Perth Mint, Barrack Street Jetty, Swan Bell Tower and then up to Kings Park which had amazing views of the harbour and the city.

I had arranged to meet my friend Rhianna there. (I used to live with her in Whister, Canada). It was great to see her again as i hadn't seen her for about 3 and a half years. We drove out to Freemantle and went to a restaurant called The Lucky Charm which didn't turn out to be so lucky when i found a fly in my salad!! Even so, the waiter was so friendly and felt so bad, he didn't charge us for it, shouted us another round of drinks and threw in a free dessert. Was well impressed with the place (which was located inside a brewery) and with the service. From here we went to Scarborough to where Rhianna and her boyfriend Nathan live and hung out in their amazing house.

My friends Davinia and Grant (who moved to Perth from Scotland a few months ago) came and picked me up and we went down to the beach. Davinia who is always well prepared brought a chilly bin with a few beers, chesse and crackers and we sat in the sand enjoying the beautiful scenery and the smell of the ocean as the sun was setting. Couldn't stay for long before they dropped me off at my hotel to get ready for my flight home.

As i was just about to leave the hotel, i got a text from my mum saying that my sister Natalie had just gone into labour!!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



12th February 2006

Random hotties?
Hmmm were those 'randoms' hotties?

Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 8; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0446s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb