Tuesday 10th April – Drive to Perth & Fly to Auckland via Sydney


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Perth
April 10th 2007
Published: April 10th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Today is a travel day as we must get back to Perth to fly out for New Zealand tonight. We setoff at 10.00am and arrive back at Amanda’s at around 2.00pm. This time I made it without any speeding tickets!

After packing a couple of boxes with wine and kit we don’t need in New Zealand we ship it to Kirstens folks in Melbourne.

The major thing we need to do is reduce our luggage to 20kgs. We don’t want to be charged excess baggage again. So after some cunning re-distribution of heavy items to our hand luggage we manage to get our cases down to 21kgs each. I just hope they don’t weigh the hand luggage and I’m going to make sure I put them in an overhead compartment not above our heads!

We head for the airport at 9.00pm for our mid-night flight a little confused as to the terminal we are leaving from. The tickets don’t say and there is a Domestic and International Terminal at Perth. Although we are flying to Auckland (International) we are going via Sydney (Domestic). We plump for International and wouldn’t you know it we were wrong and to add insult to injury the terminals are about 10km apart.

We make it and drop the car off and queue to check-in. We have a slight panic as Kirsten can’t find her passport which we eventually find under the seat of the hire car! Why do airports always stress me out. There is just something about them that drives me up the walls! After loosing yet more toiletries due to restrictions we eventually get on the delayed flight having been promised the connecting flight would wait.

Ta Ta for now K & M


Advertisement



Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0438s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb