Hot to cold


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Perth
December 7th 2010
Published: January 23rd 2021
Edit Blog Post

Made the trip back to Hilary's Harbour to the north of Perth then manged to find a local bus to Stirling station (Peth has good public transport and drivers are approachable to lost travelers) then a train back into the city proper. Once again checked back into Brittania on William which has the super basic single bed single rooms and are flexible. Unless I have to I'm somehow past dorms and also with such a long journey home I needed the rest.

Next morning a last full Aussie breakfast (another great coffee) a last wander in hot sun then shuttle bus over to the airport. Good short flight over to Singapore. With a bit of time to spare I went for a shower and a massage, really got me refreshed and love the lockable Iphone recharge stations they have everywhere (free). Then much thrilled to make my debut flight back to London on a Qantas Airbus A380 superjumbo! One just can't believe such a huge heavy beast can get off the ground but it does and so smooth. Sadly had one of those bad travellers in front who put his seat back and would not put it up for dinner but then he had to when a no nonsense air steward just thrust him up "you have think of others at meal times sir" . Love it no requests, just made to behave.

A few hours at Heathrow then a BA s shuttle up to Glasgow. Taxi to Sauchiehall Stret and the slightly shabby but character filled Smiths Hotel and walk out with flimsy gear to meet an old friend for noodles and cocktails and notice Glasgow has turned into North Face City, no wonder it really is cold! The other week I was hiking a hill as high as Ben Nevis in about 40C and no it's about -10C.

Full Scottish Breakfast then taxi to Buchanan Street bus station then long snowy journey via Fort William up to Portree and it's back to my parents on Skye ready to work off the jetlag. I'll do Christmas/New Year here then will start the rest of my life with the aim being to start a new life outside of London with a new career being the aim, most likely Glasgow or Edinburgh. Well that's the end of my second huge adventure, it is unlikely to be as long or as many countries but one day there will be a third.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.09s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0656s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb