Perth visiting


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Perth
September 27th 2019
Published: September 27th 2019
Edit Blog Post

We left early today to make a round trip of the suburbs of Perth.

Our first port of call was the amaizing strawberry farm where you can try before you buy.

Then onwards, anti-clockwise into the Perth Hills, to the east of Perth where we visited Arthur Hutson and his two sons in Lesmurdie. Arthur is an old friend (101 years old) of Winks and Sue's parents from Rhodesia days. He may be the oldest living Rhodesian! Chris made us a lovely tea and we added some of our Mum's Rock buns, which she always used to make for the tennis parties we had at Marlow' - our family home. The conversations were all based on our shared history of Rhodesia.

We hurried on northwards to Tony's breakers yard, where Terry was able to purchase a second hand glove box closure, to replace the one damaged, when we had to break into it.

On again to Triggs Beach where we met Jane and Steve Osboure, for lunch at Island Market restaurant. (Jane and Elaine worked together for many years at LEO Pharma.) Great venue overlooking the sea, plus lots of tasty food. It was sad to say goodbye to Jane, as who knows when we might meet again!

After lunch we went to see Tiff and Andrew Dunsdon, and their daughter Georgie, where we had tea and a scrumy rhubarb and raspberry tart with cream. More food!

Drove back to Mandurah with a gorgeous sunset and some distant views of the city of Perth.

Another busy but interesting day.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Tony's Breakers yardTony's Breakers yard
Tony's Breakers yard

Where Terry was successful in obtaining a new glove box door


Tot: 0.11s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0766s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb