First Day...It's Going To Be Great


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Perth » South Lake
December 7th 2005
Published: December 13th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Rockingham Water FrontRockingham Water FrontRockingham Water Front

Use to swim there as a teenager.
Aware at 4am. Damn jetlag!! Got up and made tea for Richie and myself. Mum came out about 4.30ish. Drank tea, looked around the house and listened to the morning song of the local birds. I made breakfast. Set up mum’s new DVD player and we watched a few episodes of ‘Allo ‘Allo. Had showers and got dressed. Mum let me drive to Rockingham to see were I’d grown up. It has changed quite a bit. Went to Val and Ernie’s place for a beer and a chat. They live opposite the old house so got to see it from the outside. Went to Rockingham Beach for fish and chips. Really nice. Cooked fresh when ordered. Drove down to Mandurah and watched the water go by on the estuary. Mum wanted to do some veggie shopping so stopped at a place called Spud Shed. Found celery that was so big Richie got lost in it!! After dropping of shopping at home went to Fremantle. Had a quick walk around in the West End. Roundhouse, Fremantle Harbour and High Street. It was nice to be back in the area I’d grown up in. Dropped mum off at home and went to Peter’s to check bank account and e-mails. They were having a BBQ so we had a sausage in a bun with tomato sauce and a beer. After checking everything came home and Mum did her world famous, in the family, spaghetti bolognaise. Tasted delicious. After eating it was told it was made with a jar of spaghetti bolognaise sauce. TRAITOR. Richie and I took the dog for a walk. I tried to point out the Southern Cross but couldn’t find it. Bit too cloudy. (That’s my excuse anyway.) Got home and watched telly. Richie off to bed at 10ish, me at 11ish.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

MandurahMandurah
Mandurah

Estuary Front
Richie and The CeleryRichie and The Celery
Richie and The Celery

Almost as big as Richie


Tot: 0.102s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.06s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb