My Weekend


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Perth » Joondalup
April 6th 2008
Published: April 6th 2008
Edit Blog Post

This blog will not be too long, since it is more of a what i did the last two days, as opposed to a "haha look what you are missing out on" type blog. Yesterday I got up at 9:30 with the intention to bike and watch Sandy practice soccer ready for todays game, however it was chuking it down, though it didnt stop him and his team training! This meant Dougie and myself stayed at home and chilled out with a bit of wrestling (on tv!) and some computer games. When sandy got back, very wet, the three of us then spent some time playing with lego, and even at 22, its still quite fun. I then organised some lunch for us before we all sat down to watch the big derby game, eagles vs the dockers in the AFL (australian rules). After the first quarter the others returned from Joshs rugby game, and we all watched it. The house was divided with 3fans for each side and a neutral.

By the end of the game, which the dockers won, the sun had come out so the boys and i headed to the park to play some soccer. Some lads from the neighbourhood joined in. Now, at 12yrs old, you would think them nice, but they were horrible little brats, nearly picked the ball up and left, but decided we needed to be winning before we did that...yes i am competitive, its healthy!! On our return we all jumped in the pool, despite being 7pm and tea being on the table, dont think the chef appreciated my suggestion of a swim...but I am on holiday after all! Had a very nice curry for tea, i love indians, before we sat down and watched some lewis. Turns out they get quite a few UK programmes out here...but the rubbish ones. Turned out the maths and enlish lecturers did it!

This morning i got up at the same time, as some of us drove to fremantle to watch sandy play soccer. Now i wasnt like some of the parents, but i may have shouted a few supporting words! Turns out the english that move here dont adopt australian sports, they just play soccer, so heard quite a few familiar accents! Sandys team won 4-2, after a brief scare in defence whilst 3-0 up. Was a really nice drive there and back, as on the way we headed through Petrh and all along the waters edge, and the return was down the coastal road, passing through the busy scarborough, as it is the last day of the surf championships.

Neil made us bacon butties for lunch, which were awesome. How i love bacon! Neil, Elke and Sandy went to fix/buy new bikes, and the rest of us then strolled down to meet them at the golf club. The place was amazing, and apparently the likes of Tiger Woods have played there. I was surprised they let us in, but they seemed quite relaxed/ The boys and I got a couple of baskets of balls and hit the driving range. Definitely the nicest one i have ever hit balls at, though my actualy golf left a lot to be desired...better than the boys though! Strolled back for an hours fun in the pool, with a few improvised games along the lines of piggy in the middle, yes i gave them a chance dont worry!

Then at half 6, i went to church with Josh again which was really cool. Made a note of some of the songs as they were really good. Then on my return, I have just watched the United game live, which was pretty hard going. Borough played fairly well though and deserved at least the point! Now ready for some sleep! Hope everyone has had or is enjoying a nice weekend! Feel free to message me and let me know what YOU are up to, feel bad going on and on about my fun! (sorry for the lack of photos last two blogs, a few upload issues!)

Advertisement



6th April 2008

Wow!
Looks like you have been having such an amazing adventure! And i must say i enjoy reading the blogs, and looking at the photos! everything looks so beautiful. Well, il keep this short. keep having an awesome time Mr. Curlyhair. Always in our prayers!xxx

Tot: 0.104s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 9; qc: 41; dbt: 0.073s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb