Merry Christmas and A Happy New Year


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Perth » Joondalup
January 11th 2007
Published: January 11th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Hello to every one, we are still having a great time here in Western Austraila, although we are ready to move to Alice Springs in the next few days.


Christmas was great although a little bit diffferent, we managed to get to the beach at 9 o'clock on Christmas morning for Champagne and a swim, which was fantastic. This is the must do thing on Christmas day as there were hundreds of other people down there at this time. We headed to Cath's cousins John and Elaine's for lunch which was lovely (Thanks very much) Following lots of nice beer and wine, we still had time to get home to open some presents and get back down the beach for sunset.
Boxing day was a fun day of sunshine and beer with most of it spent at the beach with an improtu BBQ party in the evening wicked!! (I could get used to this lifestyle!)

We decided to get away for a few days, so we went to 'Rottnest Island' This is a lot nicer than the name makes it sound. It's name comes from the freindly rat/kangeroo type creatures which live there. The best bit about the
Christmas Day Christmas Day Christmas Day

A great day at Catherine's cousins.
Island is the 63 beaches with excellent snorkling and all within a short cycle.

We have spent time going out for day trips with our excellent hosts and tour guides Tony and Annmarie, Wine tasting, beer tasting, wine tasting you get the picture!! No we have done many other cool things. The Yanchep National Park, the Swan River, and our trip to Lancelin for New Year.

The plans for New Years Eve were low key, however, the night ended up being something a lot bigger!! We set out from Perth North, an hour and a half drive we arrived in Lancelin, a beach town built in between sand dunes, a very cool place. Here armed with two full eskies (large cool boxes to all you poms!) We met up with freinds. It was about 4:30 now let the drinking start!! 13 hours, 3 parties, 2 eskie re-fills, 40 bottles of beer, and lots of fun later we decided it was time for bed!! The next day, I (simon) only saw 3 hours of it!! Never mind, we did bring in the new year with style.

We planned a Girls and Boys night out for last Friday the
The Boys at New YearThe Boys at New YearThe Boys at New Year

The boy at New Year in Lancelin. Pre Drink.
Girls went to Town, and the Boys went Bush.
The girls night out started well with cosmopolitan cocktails and pizzas- the party was themed as "Annmarie's Hen Night" Yes she is already married but I was unable to make the wedding. So it was decided that we would pretend. I think everyone in Annmarie's local thought we were all pretty weird or drunk, to be celebrating her hen night 9 months after she got married! It was a great night I also managed to get Annmarie dancing like a young R&B fan in a night club in Joondalup. To finish a good night off we had to watch an episode of Catherine Tate (Thanks Mum) Wonder what the boys did?????

Simon and Tony went down south to the Collie river for three wicked days, they set up camp and sussed the area out before we were joined by our other halfs on Saturday. The photos show the story it was fantastic, chilling by the river (drinking), swimming in the refreshing river or drinking Port around the fire.

Loads of Love

Catherine and Simon


Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement

The EskieThe Eskie
The Eskie

This is what the Ausy's take to a party. Filled twice. Now 2007!
The Eskie Simon wants...The Eskie Simon wants...
The Eskie Simon wants...

"I WANT THAT ONE"
Later OnLater On
Later On

A few eskies later. Happy New Year
Rottnest- Catherine's BayRottnest- Catherine's Bay
Rottnest- Catherine's Bay

We cycle to find my bay.
Rottnest- Little Salmon BayRottnest- Little Salmon Bay
Rottnest- Little Salmon Bay

Snorkling route, coral and fish.
Rottnest- QuokkaRottnest- Quokka
Rottnest- Quokka

This little fella joined us for lunch on the beach. Half Kangeroo, half rat but very friendly.
Yanchep National Park Yanchep National Park
Yanchep National Park

Native Australian 'tap tree'
Yanchep National Park Yanchep National Park
Yanchep National Park

Catherine as a water droplet...
Swan BrewerySwan Brewery
Swan Brewery

More alcohol- a taste of every beer in the place.
Swan BrewerySwan Brewery
Swan Brewery

Simon and Tony AFTER!
Camping in Camping in
Camping in

Catherine trying to light a fire. Girls + Fire + Wine = DANGER and MESSY.
Boys Day out in the BUSHBoys Day out in the BUSH
Boys Day out in the BUSH

Simon, Tony and Smash at Wellington Dam.
BUSH TEABUSH TEA
BUSH TEA

Simon puts the kettle on... Anyone for tea?
Swan River CruiseSwan River Cruise
Swan River Cruise

A great day out on the Swan.


Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0481s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb