Oz


Advertisement
Published: December 30th 2008
Edit Blog Post

The Story so Far...Excluding Hong Kong





Finally I start a blog, Ive been saying id start one of these since Hong Kong but only now 3 weeks into the travelling do i get round to it. Its been the non stop work and constant tiredness that has held me up. Lee doesnt know ive started this yet. Its one of my few days off so have a bit of time, although i do have to go get a hair cut in the next hour, 35 degree weather does not agree with long hair and hectic work, ppl have started to complain the chips are soggy by the time they reach the table and its not the kitchens fault. We havent been up to much recently. We went on our day of wakeboarding and boating which ws brilliant, Lee got seriously sunburnt in the shape of his lifejacket, hilarious. Christmas was a very strange event. Very different to home. Because its the summer holidays here most people dont make a big deal out of it. Most ppl meet up with friends on the beach, or just go for a few beers, the whole big family event doesnt come across strongly, which i sort of missed, although that could be just because at home i have 6 members, here there was just 3 of us on Christmas day, my cousin cara was off with her boyfriend. Lee sounded like he had a better time in Brisbane, although he did have the whole week off work and was just out on teh piss the whole time. He got a surfboard for christmas, he sent me a message telling me to enjoy work while he went off surfing. Fortunately the joke was on him as he was stung by a bluebottle high on the thigh! right next to the family jewels, yes he did piss on himself...brilliant.

We've only had three nights out so far in Perth, only 2 official. One where we met up with Sean's cousin which was great craic, headed to the main night stretch northbridge. The other we went ot Freemantle, south of Perth and shared a bed in an Irish Pub Rosie O'Gradys, we picked the wrong night to go though it was fairly quiet. We went with the plan to get smashed but somehow, even though we were drinking at the same pace, Lee got much drunker, left the club without telling me and found an aboriginal Santa to have a chat with. I thought he had been beaten up, ppl were shouldering him in the club, luckily that was not the case and he just needed a bed and to talk shit in a slightly comatose state. Emotional.

New years tomorrow though and we both have the day off so should be a good one. Met a few Irish lads so meeting up with them i think. Planning on buying a car on Monday and maybe pop over to Rottnest Island which is just off the coast of Perth and meant to be great for night of drinking. cant wait. Otherwise nothing much else to report, started to plan our drive now, sounds mental.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.211s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.1531s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb