Sorry it's been so long!!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Perth » Duncraig
November 3rd 2008
Published: November 7th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Firstly, I'm so terribly sorry about all the crappy photos in amongst the ok ones - my camera is fairly crap and I don't have time to delete all the bad ones so you'll just have to skip over the duds! I might eventually get around to labelling them all also but i'm afraid it's a matter of guessing what they are...Sorry!!
As i said sorry i haven't updated in a while.
In our last week in oz we've done a few things including inking ourselves(with beautiful dragonflies - the first exotic thing we set eyes on in Singapore - and no, in case you're wondering mum, it wasn't that spontaneuous - i've been designing it for quite some time now but found an artist here who was on the same wavelength as me😊.We also went to the zoo on Monday(but i lost the sd card with those pics unfortunately so, unless i find it, you wont be seeing all the cute koalas)Then on Wednesday we went on a crummy bus tour down south(couldn't rent a camper van😞 ) to Margaret River which is an internationally known wine region so we visited lots of wineries, a chocolate and cheese factory and so we did lots of wine, chocolate and cheese tasting - yumyum - and we also visted a cool bird sanctuary(where i held a bird of prey on my arm for a whole 2 minutes) and the Mammoth caves and Cape Leeuwin Lighthouse in Augusta(but we were a bit bummed to find the tour of the lighthouse wasn't included in our very expensive package). On Friday we went out to Rottnest Island which is a beautiful island off the coast of Perth and there we walked 12 km and found lots af Quokas (cute little furry animals kind of a mix between kangaroos and rats!) which, i think, are exclusive to that island. Then we had 2 birthdays in the family at the weekend and we went out for a lovely meal in good old wagamamas on saturday and on sunday we went to play SupaGolf in the Swan Valley(myself and little milly copped out on the 7th hole though!) and we then went to the chocolate factory again and had more yummy free choccies😊 That brings us up to today, our final day in Perth, and we didn't do a whole lot - just spent lots of bobs posting stuff home and i collected my camera which i had stupidly left behind at the Chocolate factory yesterday(and St Anthony must've been looking out for me as some honest soul handed it in! If not, you wouldn't be seeing any of these photos!) and finally we went into town and made a complaint about the crappy tour that we were royally ripped off for(haven't gone into much detail on that as i don't want to focus on the negatives!) and then got my dragonfly tattoo(which i've included some pictures of) touch up a wee bit. I also think i may have included some of the photos from the week before last from fremantle(cool old seaside town down south of Perth) and it's museums and markets and also the kangaroo sightings from a cemetary near where we're staying (i came close to petting one or two at one stage - they're so cute despite being tick ridden!) Hope you're all well.
Anyways, I'm falling asleep now(so please excuse the typos if there are any!) so i'll have to finish uploading the pictures tomorrow as it takes bloomin ages!
Love TashyBashy xxx
PS Reuben says hello too😊



Additional photos below
Photos: 638, Displayed: 24


Advertisement

DSCF2194DSCF2194
DSCF2194

From here is our visit to Freo!


Tot: 0.115s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 12; qc: 61; dbt: 0.0698s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb