Heading home across the Nullarbor


Advertisement
Published: April 17th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Wed 28th Mar - up early for our long drive today - estimated about 614klms - not looking forward to this drive but there is nothing much to see along this stretch of the Nullarbor so just headed off. Went through the Quarantine Checkpoint at the Border Village and then we were in WA, nearly home!!!!!Checked out some of the Golf links at some of the petrol stops. Booked a night at the Fraser Range Station CP ($30pn). Very nice little park - used to be a working sheep station but now just seems to be a caravan park and 1 hole on the Nullarbor Links Golf Course (the World's Longest Golf Course). Tom and Rosemary were up early as they were heading to Esperance for lunch but we took our time and decided to check out the golf link which was a bit of a walk to get to. When we arrived we realised that there were some golf sticks supplied but no golf ball so we walked around the course and found one so John had a tee off and took 2 stokes to get to the green and 5 shots to get the ball in the hole - there were Double Gee's all over the green so this was his excuse. But this 3 par course was in a beautiful setting with the Fraser Ranges as a back drop. So John can say he has played a hole on the longest golf course in the world!!!!!!

Thurs 29th Mar - stayed at the Southern Cross CP (1 night $28) then home to stay on Geoff's front lawn until the tenant vacate our property at Mahogany Creek.

It has been a wonderful trip and we have been away from WA for extactly 12 months (we spent 3 months in Exmouth and the rest in Geraldton after we sold Gidge). We have been to some beautiful places and met some wonderful people on our travels. Hope everyone has enjoyed the blog. So this is the end of this blog for now. Hopefully we will have some more travel to blog about in the future.


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement



Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0393s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb