Dolphins and sun burns


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Monkey Mia
November 2nd 2009
Published: November 8th 2009
Edit Blog Post

A nice beach shotA nice beach shotA nice beach shot

I like the effect of the sun in the corner
Starting at Monkey Mia meant that today we didn't have to drive at all in the morning as we were within walking distance of the main attraction. Despite the name, the main thing to see here are actually some 'wild' dolphins which come to the beach to be fed each morning. In my opinion this makes them as wild as a pet cat. Still, it was nice to see the dolphins close up, although the large number of people and the way the dolphins were led along following the food make it seem more of a circus act than anything. There were also several pelicans wandering about on the beach. They are such odd looking birds!

After the act was finished, we ended up just generally lounging about on the beach for several hours, taking the occasional dip into the sea to cool down. I managed to get weirdly shaped sun burn on my back from the areas where I couldn't reach to put on sunblock. Since this has happened to me before in Cuba last year, I can only assume I have the IQ of a lemon.

After beach time was up we drove on to our overnight
Monkey MiaMonkey MiaMonkey Mia

One of the frolicking dolphins
stay, Coral Bay, with a brief stop at Carrnarvon on the way. This is about as different from Carnarvon in Wales as it is possible to be, what with the banana plantations and all!



Advertisement



Tot: 0.145s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 56; dbt: 0.1098s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb