Goodbye Turtles hello Dolphins but no Monkeys


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Monkey Mia
September 27th 2008
Published: October 6th 2008
Edit Blog Post

WE left Exmouth and headed south enroute to Carnarvon but decided to stop at Coral bay for another snorkel, before saying goodbye to the reef and making our way south. We arrived late into Carnarvon and set up in the Big 4 caravan park that had a great view of the OTC satellite dish that is now not in use but was used to communicate with the Apollo missions and to also track Halley's Comet.
Still travelling south we arrived in Denham for a couple of days to explore the area , the highlight was to see the Dolphins at Monkey Mia. The only disappointment was that you had to be chosen out of the crowd to feed them while they we close to shore and only Steph and Dannielle were chosen so Samuel was not very happy. But the next day we spent the day driving around the Peninsular and a visit to “Ocean Park” solved the problem were he got to pat a baby Loggerhead turtle called Squirt that had been rescue from the coast near Albany.We also visited Shell Beach, bet you can’t work out why its called Shell Beach, yep you guessed it there is no sand only shells, little white perfect shells that look like pippy shells, so after everyone collected a hand full or two we ended the day with a sunset at Eagles Bluff lookout hoping to see a whale or two.





Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.138s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 8; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0881s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb