More Wild West


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Fremantle
September 21st 2012
Published: September 22nd 2012
Edit Blog Post

Carnarvon



The best part about Carnarvon is that I made a really good friend there. His name was Maverick. We used my games like Skylanders, Mario 2012 Olympics Games on his Wii. He had a pet galah. I used to make him dance by bending up and down. There was a new space center that was opened by Buzz Adlerian. We took Maverick with us. We got to sit inside a space capsule that the astronauts use to land back on earth. The rest of the space center like the information and that was a bit boring. The Satellite dish look out was awesome. It was really high up and the view was amazing. Maverick didn’t go up there. He thought it was too scary. I was sad to say goodbye to my friend.





Shark Bay

We went to an area called Shark Bay. It isn’t just one town. Shark Bay is an area of about 5 different places. First stop was a place called Hamlin Pools. Mum and dad were so annoying there. There are theses things called Stromolites. They are living rocks and are about 3
Nanga bay viewNanga bay viewNanga bay view

where the ocean meets the sky
Billion years old. They are sort of the first building blocks of life. They produced oxygen before plants were even alive. They were only discovered in the 1980s. Before that people use to come along and in their rusty old wagons full of wool, singing ACDC while they rode over the Stromolites. Mum and dad kept on going on and on about how amazing they are all the time. Dad kept on explaining it. I had to tell him alright dad, dad I got it.



Shell beach has millions of shells instead of sand. (10 Meters thick). It had the clearest water I have ever seen in my life but the coldest. I kept splashing dad and he would push me over in it. I would run to mum for protection. James was a crazy man. He stripped off and swam in the freezing cold water. James accidently went to the toilet and the fish ate it.



Next stop was Denham. It was packed. We didn’t book accommodation. It was school holidays so we couldn’t stay there. We decided to go back to Nanga Bay. It was the best caravan park ever!!!!! Dad was cheeky. When the lady asked which site he wanted, he told her they said we could have the best site on the beach. She said well actually we do have a site on the beach. There were toilets there but no shower. It was incredible. We were the only ones right on the beach. Nanga Bay Resort is an old fishing village. It had tennis courts, swimming pool, hot spring, a little shop, and a restaurant. We spent our days playing poison ball on the beach. Dad called Mum red blur because she’s not that fast at running and she would wear a red dress when she played.

Some Grandparents with their grandson camped next to us. The grankid’s name was Tom. We played Dodge Ball, Hide and Seek and Spotlights. His Grandad gave us some fish to eat because he had a boat and was a great fisherman. The bad news was that the granddad and grandma snored worse than my Dad and that’s not good.

Next day we went to an aquarium. There were lionfish and stonefish and squid. When you put your hand in the squid tank, the squid changed colour from black to white. There was a loggerhead turtle that had been by attacked by a shark. He was really cute. James put his hand in the lionfish tank but Dad took it out just in time. There were also big and little sharks. Shark Bay is full of mostly Sand Bar, Tiger, Lemon and Bronze Whaler sharks. There was a big shark there called Sarah and Dad said it was a Sand Bar shark. Mum and Dad are right now arguing because Mum said there is no such thing as a Sand Bar shark. Dad just rang the aquarium and he was right. He bet Mum a 1000 dollars that Sarah was a Sand Bar shark so he is now dancing around the caravan. He is such a gracious winner.

Next day we drove to Cape Peron along this really long four wheel drive track. Of course we had to go on a boring bushwalk along the edge of these cliffs near the ocean. But then we got to a lookout and the water was so clear that we saw a Dugong. We also saw reef sharks. (Dad says they were Black Tipped Reef sharks and Mum isn’t arguing this time). And we saw heaps and heaps of dolphins, whales and stingrays. Mum says it was her favourite place so far.



Kalbarri

The next day we went to Kalbarri. We went on a bike ride and I got some more books from a place called the Book Nook. Mum watched some surfers surfing 8 foot waves at a place called Jake’s Point. Dad went on a 16 kilometre walk along the cliffs by himself. He said he saw heaps of Humpback whales and dolphins. On the last day we went to Kalbarri National Park and we all had to do a 9 kilometre walk through Kalbarri Gorge. James took off his clothes and jumped in the river. It was freezing but he kept jumping in. I rolled down heaps of giant sand dunes and accidentally fell in the water. James almost made it the whole way before he started crying because he was tired and Dad had to carry him on his shoulders.



I met a family travelling in a Britz. I made friends with them. Their names were Billie and Jake.





Geraldton (Fred disaster)



Next we went to Geraldton. There was a flower there called Geraldton wax and Mum kept singing this annoying Geraldton wax song. The caravan park had a great park. Me and James started playing on mum’s bed. James broke the skirting board. Fred was under the doona while dad was trying to fix it. Dad accidentally knelt on Fred’s tail while he was trying to fix the skirting board. When he looked down he had another thing to fix because he had chopped Fred’s tail off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was very upset. Mum put the tail in the freezer because she thought the vets might be able to sew the tail back on. The next morning me and Dad went to the vet. The vet gave Fred some anti biotics and a needle and she put a bandage around Fred’s tail. It was only $12 for the bill. Dad was very happy because he said that you usually have to take out a loan to pay a vet’s bill. Then we went home. Mum and Dad had to give Fred antibiotics and change his bandage all that week. Fred hated the anti biotics. He twisted and turned and tried to get away. Fred slowly got better and now he is a bit shorter but doing great.



We went to Geraldton museum. They gave me a little list of things I had to find in the museum. I found them all and they gave me a prize. It was a propeller on a stick. You throw the propeller off the stick and then it starts flying on its own. Dad and Mum loved reading about all the Dutch shipwrecks along the west coast of Australia near Geraldton and Shark Bay. The most famous one was a boat called the Batavia.



Jurien Bay

Next day we went to Jurien Bay. It had a big jumping pillow and Dad would double bounce me and James. I met some friends there. We went to Lesuer National Park and saw a Bob Tail on the road. He looked a bit like Fred. Mum got out to take a picture. The bob tail hissed at Mum and opened its mouth wide. Mum didn’t see it until the last minute and screamed and jumped 10 metres back. Then a car came past. We were worried that the bob tail would get run over so dad got a stick and moved the bob tail off. The bob tail kept biting the stick. We went to a cave with water. I was too scared to go in because there were bees, bats, and leeches and dark water. Mum and James didn’t want to go in either so we forced Dad not to go in. Then we went to a yucky lake and had some sausages. It had blue green algae in it. There were some kids on a quad bike there. Then we went back home and I played with some friends that I met.



Next day we went to The Pinnacles. These were heaps of pointy rocks in a National Park. I don’t know why the Motts liked them so much because they were a bit boring. Mum thought they were boring too. She asked Dad to drive over the top of one as a joke. There were big signs up saying no climbing on the Pinnacles but there were Japanese people climbing all over them. dad yelled out “Hey get off there!” but he was in the car so they couldn’t hear us. At least we could stay in the car and didn’t have to walk anywhere. Mum nicknamed them the poo poo Pinnacles. She’s so mature.



Perth/ Sydney

Finally we get to Perth. We stayed in a villa overnight because we all had to fly to Sydney really early the next morning. It was great having a big bedroom again. James and I jumped from bunk to bunk when Mum and Dad weren’t watching. We even found a sort of pet motel for Fred to stay in while we were in Sydney. There were big beautiful parrots there talking. One said “Hello” and one said “Shut up.” I was so excited about going to Sydney I couldn’t sleep that night. I went to Mum’s bed because I was scared but she sent me back because I tossed and turned too much. But my bunk bed had no pillows or doonas. So I was cold until finally Dad woke and saw me in distress and gave me pillows and a doona. What a great Dad. What a crap mum (joking Mum – I love you).



The next morning we flew to Sydney. Dad and James went on the first flight and Mum and I left on the second flight 5 hours later. I was really excited. The plane didn’t have any good food. When we got to Sydney Aunty Janice picked us up. She was really excited. She took us back to her place so I could surprise Fiona for her birthday. She didn’t know I was coming. I watched an old episode of Dr. Who. When Fiona got there we surprised her and Fiona was very excited. We met her new girlfriend Kas. She was very nice. Then we got a taxi back to the Star Casino. Grandma and John were waiting for us. They were very happy to see us – more excited than an elephant who has eaten 2000 peanuts. James and Dad were already there. Grandma and John spoilt me rotten. They gave me all the junk I wanted out of the mini bar like chocolates and stuff. The Star was 5 star. It had a spa bath that Dad loved and a gym and a great view of the city.



Next day John shouted me and James and Dad to Luna Park while Grandma shouted Aunty Janice and Mum to a girl’s day out. At Luna Park I was more excited than an elephant who has eaten 6000 peanuts. Me, James and Dad went on heaps of rides. But me and Dad went on one on our own called the Tango Train. It was really fast and fun and exciting. It went backwards and forwards and had heaps of hills on it. We went on the Dodgem cars. I drove but I thought Dad had lost his mind when he let James drive. While James and Dad were in the dodgem car, a seagull kept trying to grab my chips.



The next day it was Fiona’s party. Mum let me come shopping to buy a disco ball, a birthday balloon, a piñata and all sorts of other party stuff. Cousin Lucy came to help set up while Dad went to visit his Grandma. Uncle Glen arrived with his new girl friend Eva who is very nice. It looks like Uncle Glen has told Eva all about the Might Boosch – every episode. Then I went back to Grandma and John’s at the Star. I loved seeing everybody. I was sad to leave but we had to fly back to Perth the next day.


Additional photos below
Photos: 36, Displayed: 30


Advertisement

shellsshells
shells

millions of them


Tot: 0.123s; Tpl: 0.022s; cc: 9; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0437s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb