Much of May


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Fremantle
June 1st 2006
Published: July 7th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Hi all.
Since settling in to life here we don't do too much out of life routines to be updating the site all the time. Well what has been going on. Since Nards birthday and a bit of a birthday bash he went for a joyflight in a Cap 10 aerobatic plane. We all set ourselves up on the foreshore out the front as the weekend before we were watching the same plane form there. However for clear airspace they had to go further down the coast to do all the tricks and all we saw was a fly by (Nard actually had his hands on the controls).
We have been for drives out to the water dams up in the hills. We went to a botanical garden called Araluen further north in the hills. Jules came along and we got to see some of the plants we are used to in the hills, camelias, azellias, hyderangers and a few autumn colours.
We went camping for the weekend with Murrey and Jules out to Lanepool which is a N.P. only an hour and 15 from our house. Apparently 2nd coldest overnight temperatures in W.A. And being slightly warm after our walk with the dogs along the Murrey river I decided to go for a dip thinking after the Howqua river it could not be that cold. Wrong. My legs were so cold they felt like they were buring.
Dave has been coping well, allowed on short walks at first but now walking further each day. He is banned from running flat out along the beach as we have had a few more limping episodes.
I had a quick flying visit back to Melbourne for 4 days and probably due to hectic scedule came back to get a cold. We have had a run of visitors. Jules Dad here for a few days along with Andy another friend from Melbourne for two days as well as Nard's parents for almost a week. We overdosed on deep fried food with Murrey having an industrail fryer and some crays left from the season there was a few evenings of a giant sea food cookoff with way to much food cooked in way too much oil. While Nard's parents were here, Murrey took us on a tour of seal and penguin island in the boat (islands are officially closed at present) and we also went
At  AraluenAt  AraluenAt Araluen

For Finny the train spotter
for a visit out to Rottness where Nard cought up with an old kindergarten friend who also left Melbourne in a toyota and a camper to travel around oz leaving a week or two after us who are now living on Rotto for a while till they move on. Nard and I (well mostly Nard was the usefull one being the handyman) helped Sandy to fix up the penguins temporary enclosure whilst they are on the mainland for the winter.
I have a new job, workin 9-5 monday to friday. These normal hours take a bit of getting used to. Change of routine and all that. There does not seem to be as much time during the day. Well, finally I have updated the web site. As you can tell just the usual stuff happening for us until next April when we again head off North. Can not wait. Hope all is well.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Murrey RiverMurrey River
Murrey River

On the banks of the Murrey with Mr Murrey Banks
Penguin IslandPenguin Island
Penguin Island

Penguin Island on a winters day (Nard's parents)


Tot: 0.108s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 7; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0457s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb