Freo


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Fremantle
December 8th 2005
Published: January 1st 2006
Edit Blog Post

Up early and headed to Freo. Just before leaving Margaret River, called into one last vineyard for good luck, cue Palandri . Highly recommend a visit. It's a huge set-up, but well managed and some great ranges. It was our longest tasting session yet! Unfortunately, as Spencer was driving he had to spit out most of his wine! Whereas, D was quoffing hers and then finishing off Spencer's! Purchased a few bottles including a sparkling Merlot! Had brunch in their restaurant - very nice.

En route stopped off at Bunbury and then Rockingham in the hope of seeing dolphins! Rockingham beaches are pure golden sand , spotlessly clean and deserted. Got chatting to an old fisherman who had lived in Western Australia all his life and never left! He also does some gold prospecting in his spare time! He gave us a few good tips on the route to Monkey Mia.

Arrived in Freo, checked into the YHA and joined the YHA to save a whopping 2 bucks each.

It started to rain so we decided to watch a movie called Prime. Bit of a chick flick - was okay for DVD.

Went to our first (Bring Your Own) restaurant . So stopped off first to buy our wine. Ate and drank in a really cheap and cheerful italian on cappuccino strip. Spen was wheezing all night - conclude he's actually allergic to budget accomodation!!! ;-)



Advertisement



Tot: 0.12s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0539s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb