16 - 17 March 2012


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Bunbury
March 17th 2012
Published: March 20th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Hard work moving on after staying in a cracker of a place but all good things must come to an end. We slowly worked our way back down towards Bunbury in the morning (Friday) and stopped off in beautiful Pinjarra in the Peel Region. The town has the Murray River flowing through it down from the scenic hills and is full of history. We've pencilled this in for a stay at a later date.

We made it through to Australind for lunch and stopped to enjoy the tranquil coastline yet again. After that we checked into another local caravan park. Polar opposites to the accommodation from the previous night but not too bad in the grand scheme of things. After an early dinner we hit the pavement again for another evening jog.....it's a whole lot easier getting motivated to exercise when your surroundings are as scenic as this.

Today (Saturday) we got up early and headed off to meet the owners of the house in Bunbury that we were house sitting for. A lovely little place not much bigger than our own cottage back home. The house is surrounded by plants and flowers and has a lovely decking out the front to enjoy. The area is actually very quiet and the peace is only shattered by the two little pomeranians which we will look after 😊

We settled in throughout the day and it is always a pleasure to have your own bathroom and kitchen again. It is also Rachel's birthday today so we booked into a restaurant that was suggested to us. That suggestion turned out to be a great one and we celebrated Rachie's birthday at Ex-tensions on the Beach and it was literally on the beach. We were very lucky to get a lovely outside table on the deck overlooking the sunset and the Indian Ocean. The food was great as was the wine.........fantastic end to the day.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 28; dbt: 0.04s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb