Broome


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Broome
December 12th 2011
Published: December 14th 2011
Edit Blog Post

111

Broome
Broome was really really hot and humid, that was the first thing I could remember of that place, oh and the flies and mosquitos, the bastards will not leave me along... maybe it was because we all haven't showed for awhile... The town is pretty cool, very laid-back, the city center takes about 20 minutes to walk around, most of the shopping areas, post office, information center, backpackers hotels and pubs are in the city center...

Cable beach is a must... 22km of flat sand, probably worth to go around 4pm and stick around for the sunset, really really nice, and Broome has the biggest tidal change in Australia, the sea can drop 10 meters between high tide and low tide, so check it out... The girls were pretty keen to do a sunset camel ride, I wasn't really that interested, but went along anyway... We paid about $30 dollars for 20 minutes on camel, turned out to be really fun... think 20 minutes was enough to get the feel of it...

If you guys happen to be in the same situation as us, who haven't had showers for days and days, then have one on cable beach, the public showers are free and you can do some of your laundary there too... It will make your sunset walk along the beach abit more enjoyable...

Need to say this again, whatever you do, don't miss the sunset at Cable beach!


Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement

44
4

Cable beach... whatever you do, don't miss the sunset...
1212
12

Sunset on cable beach


Tot: 0.103s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 47; dbt: 0.049s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb