Broome to Barn Hill


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Western Australia » Broome
July 3rd 2007
Published: August 5th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Tuesday 03 July 2007

So we made it to 10.30pm for our big night out in Broome!!! Can you believe it? I can’t actually believe that I am admitting that…..

We watched a beautiful sunset on Cable Beach; it really is amazing to see the sunset on the West Coast over the Indian Ocean. Even Lily and Ethan enjoyed it (although I think the camels and the nibbles entertained them more). It really was very special.

Matt and I then went to the Roebuck Hotel (or the Roey as the locals call it) and enjoyed some seafood. We ventured on to play some pool in the hotel, met some characters and then caught a cab home (not realizing how bloody early it was, I am still shocked). Enough damage must have been done because a Nana nap was required by Bron and Matt that afternoon (it was bliss - how the little things in life are starting to bring us such sweet sweet pleasure). Thanks to Bron and Nev we were able to enjoy the nap and wake up much nicer people.

Of course the rugby was watched that night after the lovely in-laws cooked us a gorgeous prime rib (how spoilt are we?). I even managed to finish off my sav blanc from the night before and luckily the wabbilies (as Lily calls them) won!!!

We have just spent the last two nights at Barn Hill which is only about 130km from Broome - nice short drive much to the kids delight. Barn Hill is a cattle station that opens as a beachside type caravan park from about April to October. There are powered and unpowered sites, open air toilets and showers (which are fantastic and in this gorgeous weather you could really get used to them), and the beach is only a short walk. There is a bowling green for those who are keen (and let me tell you there are extremely keen oldies) and on Sunday nights they put on a 3 course meal for $15 each. We had a delicious roast lamb with great veggies and Lily and Ethan scoffed down their beef soup - I don’t know if it’s the sea air or all that walking that Nanny and Poppy are doing with them but they are becoming amazing eaters. Ethan even ate fruit with the ice cream for dessert!!!

Then we didn’t have to cook again Monday night because they cook Pizza’s for you. It’s a pretty easy place to stay and you can see why a lot of people stay for a long time. I’m thinking Bron and Nev will settle in for a good 4 weeks at least now. They can once again enjoy the peace and serenity of having a coffee in the morning sun, reading their books……..oh bliss. The only bad thing which I have to mention is there were prickles everywhere!!!! You had clumps of them stuck to your thongs or your crocks or whatever you were wearing. Ethan was a tough little bugger and started pulling them out himself. His Mum wasn’t so tough (now that’s surprising isn’t it).

So we’ve packed up once more and are on the road again. So while I feel like I am being the local tuck shop lady (handing out food to Lily and Matt and Ethan) while I write this blog - we’re not exactly sure where we are headed today. We were off to 80 Mile Beach but we’ll see what happens…………so stay tuned fearless readers, we hope you are enjoying our travels and the photo’s. Hugs and kisses to you all and thanks for the emails and phone calls we love hearing from you all.



Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



Tot: 0.123s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0791s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb