Ice Surfing - Torquay


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Torquay
October 28th 2007
Published: November 16th 2007
Edit Blog Post

We arrived in Torquay Thurs afternoon 25th Oct after a 1hr train journey from Melbourne to Geelong, then a 30 min bus journey from there. The hostel was perfect for what we needed, it had a large lounge with several sofas and armchairs for us to chill out in the evenings. One evening, along with half the hostel, we were watching the footie, Real Madrid vs Olympicakas (can't spell it but that greek team) where there were plenty of goals and ended up 4-2 to Real Madrid.

Over Fri & Sat we had surf lessons, and crikey (its that word again) it was cold, icey even. They didn't go over well compared to how well Noosa went by the end. The waves were just too big and the surf too fast for us really. So we were getting bashed all over the place & at several stages it felt like we'd been in a washing machine or a few rounds with Mike Tyson. Ben & Matt you would have loved it, but we're not quite ready yet. We did feel physically good overwards though, and I'm sure this will set us in good stead for next time.

We were hopeing to have another lesson Sunday with the waves hopefully being calmer but this was cancelled as there was no surf at all instead. How bizzare it can go from being so rough to totally calm and flat within a day. Oh well, thankfully the sun had come out by then so we spent the day on the beach chilling and reading away.

On Monday we set off to explore the Great Ocean Rd as we had hired a car for a couple of days, and here is where I'll stop as we're going to co-write a separate blog for this.












Advertisement



16th November 2007

She's a fickle mistress..
...the ocean, not you Alison! Very envious

Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0431s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1007.6kb