Day 3 Great Ocean Road


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Port Campbell
September 25th 2011
Published: September 25th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Welcome to our blog.

Pete is writing this because Cheryl deleted the first one.

Today we rode 70k with a 24kph head wind - not fun! Actually Cheryl discovered when she downloaded the bike GPS to her laptop that we had done 73.4km.

The secenery was gorgeous - rolling hills through farms and loads of cowlike smells. The views were spectacular, and the ambience peaceful. The last part of the day gave us great views and we visited the Bay of Islands, Bay of Martyrs, the Grotto, London Bridge and the arch. All quite fabulous, apart from the fact that the shockingly debilitating head wind meant that even going downhill we had to pedal - not fun!

At the end of the day, one of us was absolutely exhausted, one moderately tired, one invigorated, and one delusional - there will be a prize for guessing who is who. We then joined Annette in the car and saw Loch Ard Gorge and the 12 apostles.

Today, between the 4 of us we consumed 8 oranges, 4 bananas, 8 apples, 6 pears, 4 mars bars, 4 hamburgers, 3 large pizzas, 2 paddle pops, 1 gaytime (the delusional one), 2 magnums, 1 cornetto, 2.4 litres of diet coke and 8 litres of water. Needless to say, the invigorated one needed 7 toilet stops!





Advertisement



Tot: 0.098s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0595s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb