Bereshit


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Philip Island
January 6th 2009
Published: January 6th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Phillip Island

Point 0 Ventnor is HomePoint 1,4 and 5 Nippers Point 2 Berry's beachPoint 3 Cat Bay

In the beginning God made a caravan and said: "Kornies 5 you are to undertake a journey that will take longer than 40 days and nights...but hopefully not quite 40 years...around a land which may lack in milk and honey but will make up for it with red dust and endless beaches". In preparation we (The Kornies 5) set off for a practice run to Wye river with our partners in crime The Kabillos 4 (in the not so waterproof tent) for a special 4 days in a beautiful part of Victoria. A Koala traversed the river as we watched it seek a suitable tree to gorge itself on eucalyptus leaves before making mating grunts all night.( I think it was the Koalas!?) The kids bounced up and down on the giant jumping pillow and it was hard to explain to them that there wont be one available at every camp spot on our holy journey. We packed up after 4 wonderful days with pleas from the kids asking us just to continue on our way as we were already half way to the SA border...but good things come to those who wait (and Ads hadn't quite spun his last roll of toilet paper yet!)

PACKING UP


We did it. It sucked. Its done. Thank God for the Salvos!

PHILLIP ISLAND


Berry's Beach (Our magic beach) is again serving us well with endless rockpools and solid surf that saw Max catch some unbroken waves on his surfboard and go out the back at Cat Bay for the first time as Sammie stood up for long rides on his surfboard. As the skies opened with rain from above on Berry's Joe warned" Dadda the beach is going to get wet". New Years Eve at the Ross's was a hit once more with Korny's home made gelati, and Daiquiris, Peter's usual candour during the award presentation and who could forget Norm's judging of the inaugural Ventnors Got Talent. Ruby we are still looking for your song! The caravan pinjada was a masterpiece of destructive proportions.

Nippers has been a big hit. Sam dons the red cap each morning with buddies Jeremy, Natty and Zali. Running, wading, paddling and swimming are their daily fare. Jojo and Ruby vie for the beach utensil stand off as Max does not spew down Spew Hill but Dune Surfs with skill instead.

Well time to start more serious preparations for our departure...Jan 29th 2009.



Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.134s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 65; dbt: 0.0637s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb