Cumberland River to Princetown Camping Reserve


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Otway Ranges
March 20th 2011
Published: March 21st 2011
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Cumberland River to Princetown


Cumberland River to Princetown Camping Reserve



Early morning rise for a flyfish before checkout, no such luck - plenty of eels in the creek and a few well fed trout that wouldn't take any fly Lach presented to them!
Cumberland River was magnificent - beautiful crystal clear stream, with a huge rock wall backdrop. Check out the pics!
We decided to head back to Lorne, where we stopped at Teddy's Lookout which gave great views over Lorne and the Great Ocean Road. Had a quick look around Lorne, then headed to Erskine Falls for a 10 minute bushwalk to an amazing part of Victoria.
Headed back west on the Great Ocean Road through Apollo Bay- stopping for lunch, and on to Princetown Camping Reserve where we stopped for the night (only $15 unpowered site 6km from Twelve Apostles).
On our way to the reserve we drove out to Cape Otway, finding some friendly looking koalas in the fine gums above us.
Sunset soon came over the Twelve Apostles, but the low lying clouds blocked the picture perfect orange and pink sky.
We retired to our Jayco Outback Camper for dinner and a good nights sleep.

Km's travelled today 204km
Total Km's this trip 679km


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



21st March 2011

Your blog
Hi, great to hear you're enjoying the first days of your trip. The blog is a great way to keep us up to date.The pictures are great!! Oscar is doing well and is in training to stay away from cars. He is a quick learner,cheers Rhonda and Col.

Tot: 0.335s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 14; qc: 65; dbt: 0.1106s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb