Preparing for the American Adventure


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Numurkah
October 21st 2017
Published: October 21st 2017
Edit Blog Post

Excitement



• T-Minus 1 Week until take off
• Luggage is ready
• Passports and Visas in order
• Insurance and medicals all up to date
• Excitement is growing


It is only one week until we embark on our ~3 week trip exploring the land of the free and the home of the brave.

I can't quite fathom how quickly this trip has approached, one minute I was getting leave from work approved and ordering a new passport, and then next I'm staring down the barrel of adventure. I still have quite a few items to organise before I will be satisfied that I am ready to leave, however the pile is getting smaller, so to speak.

I still have only a rough idea of the timeline of the trip, key places and times, flights, car hire, accommodation etc. but as far as the nitty gritty of the sights we will be seeing, I'm still unsure. Although working it out "on the fly" (pardon the pun) is all part of the excitement of a holiday right?

The Plan




The rough plan, as it stands, is to leave Australia on the 28th of October, landing in Los Angeles 3 hours before we flew out where we will spend the next 2-3 days exploring the lovely city of L.A.. After we have enjoyed the resplendence of a Santa Monica sunset, we jump in the hired car and drive on to Las Vegas (or "lost wages" as it is known, in jest, to my parents) where we will spend Tuesday the 31st marvelling at the grandeur of the famous (or infamous) Las Vegas Strip. Wednesday the 3rd we will travel on to Tusayan to gawk at the large crack in the earth known as the Grand Canyon. I'm imagining a plethora of photo opportunities at this particular location so be prepared for that particular blog. Thursday the 2nd of November we trek back to L.A. for the night before we fly over to the east coast, bunny hopping through Chicago on the way to Buffalo.

We spend Friday and Saturday in Buffalo to watch some water fall over a cliff face (Niagara Falls I think it is called...) and I will also be trying to catch up with a friend of mine who lives in New York State. On Sunday the 5th after we have had our fill of waterfall views and Canadian maple syrup we will fly down to the small village of New York where we will spend the next 4 days enjoying the bagels and many famous sites of the city that never sleeps, mostly the bagels though.

On Thursday the 9th of November, once we have mastered the expression "Hey! I'm WALKIN' here!!" with a mouthful of half chewed bagel, as is customary of any New Yorker, we fly down to Florida where Alysha's family lives to attend a wedding amongst other things. And finally on Tuesday the 14th of November we hop on a plane bunny hopping again back through L.A. and then home to Australia.



I hope everyone who will follow this blog enjoys the stories and photos to come.



Until next time

*Ray wave*



Advertisement



Tot: 0.235s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.1911s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb