19 October 2012


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Mount Beauty
October 19th 2012
Published: October 19th 2012
Edit Blog Post

The caravan park at Khancoban was a beauty with views looking out over the Khancoban Pondage....yet another little gem in the middle of nowhere. We hit the road early and as we rolled along we were soon crossing the border into Victoria.

First stop was Corryong where we dropped into the bakery while taking a walk around the town. Before taking off we stopped at a lookout just up the road and enjoyed the view out over surrounding national park. Spring is in full bloom in this neck of the woods and the blossoms add splendid colour to the thriving green grazing pastures.

Along the Murray Valley Highway we stopped to see an historic trestle bridge that was once part of a railway that was built during the late 1800s and then at a lookout over Lake Hume. Tallangatta was the stop for lunch and we then pushed through to Mount Beauty and found a fantastic caravan park situated alongside the Kiewa River.

Our campsite is right next to the River and has views out to Mount Bogong which is Victoria's highest mountain and there is still a small segment at the peak covered in snow. The River is stunning and we, along with many other travellers, enjoyed the warm afternoon sun sitting next to this bit of alpine magic.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.05s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 11; qc: 31; dbt: 0.0279s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb