4 Jan Mildura


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Mildura
January 4th 2011
Published: January 5th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Swan Hill to Mildura


It's a keeperIt's a keeperIt's a keeper

Leigh, Me and Tony!!

Mildura



4 Jan saw me take a bus from Swan Hill to Mildura (approx 2hrs 40 mins).

The main reason for visiting Mildura was to take in the Leigh Adams Testimonial dinner and race meeting.

I arrived mid afternoon and met up with a mate (Dave or to give him his Sunday name Big Fat Dave (Dave is the Aussie equivalent of John Horne)). Dave had kindly organised my tickets for the dinner and race meeting. A couple of his mates had also joined Donna and Amy.

The dinner took place in the Coomealla Memorial Sporting Club Auditorium which is actually in Dareton (a small town 17km outside Mildura).

Most of Australia speedway's great a good were there from Leigh Adams (himself naturally), Chris Holder (sporting a bad hair choice - ponytail not a good look Chris), Jason Lyons, Darcy Ward, Phil (The Legend) Crump and a special guest 6 times world champ Tony Rickardsson.

The night itself was very good with Dave Tap hosting it and overseeing a chat with most of the riders that are taking part in the meeting on the 5th, a question and answer session with Phil Crump, Tony Rickardsson
Our groupOur groupOur group

Dave, Me, Donna and Amy
and Leigh Adams followed by an auction of some of Leigh's race jackets, race suits etc (A$11000 being raised).

A few 'keepers' in amongst the photos from the night. Nice touch from Leigh when I was posing for the photo with Tony and him was a quick couple of words saying '..you're that Scottish bloke from earlier'. Mind you it's hard to miss lurch isn't it (rhetorical question btw bruv).


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

The man of the momentThe man of the moment
The man of the moment

Leigh Adams in amongst Donna, Amy and I.
The room and stageThe room and stage
The room and stage

Riders chatting on stage


Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0438s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb