"Mildura party people is the perfect party store"


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Mildura
July 29th 2009
Published: August 6th 2009
Edit Blog Post

- A highly irritating song from a Mildura tv ad, which I can recite word for word now. Ozzie tv sucks.
So our last 3 weeks in Mildura flew by, working 6 days then a day off to do washing and shopping. We also managed to catch the latest Harry Potter installment at the cinema. Seven of us fruit picking girls and a German bloke headed to the busiest spot in Mildura one Friday night and some of us watched the film, the others fell asleep! And we were fortunate in our last week to get some hourly paid work on the farm which meant a half decent paycheque.
Our plan was to get the bus to Melbourne to stay with Stef's auntie, uncle and cousin however on Thursday payday before we were to leave we skipped along to the station to discover every bus leaving Mildura was full for Saturday! disaster. Then followed a frantic hour at the internet cafe trying to find a way by train, coach, van, car, anything so that we wouldn't miss the AFL game we had tickets for. Finally it turned out the cheapest way was by plane.
So our last week in Mildura was spent tormenting our workmates with travel plans and on our final night we sat down to a few beers in the hostel to say bye to some really great people we had met there. I think Ross appeared about 4am, after a Kebab expedition and trip in a shopping trolley (ask him). The next morning we were up to check out and ran out of the door to a taxi to avoid paying 36 bucks in travel-to-work costs! Bonus. So that would be the second time I've escaped an Aussie hostel not on the best terms with the owner! Serves them right, swindlers.
The airport turned out to be smaller than Dundee and we said goodbye to Mildura with a beer left over from the night before (not that a certain brother needed more to drink) and headed through security. There was none!!!! No passport / x-rays at all, just a teeny tiny Qantas plane. Oh and I should mention we got a free morning tea on the flight, every little counts to us travellers.
Here's the last few pics before we flew off to Melbourne....


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 12; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0494s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb