Melbourne


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne » Swanston Street
April 4th 2011
Published: April 4th 2011
Edit Blog Post

016016016

View on great ocean road
Oops just realised that I rushed to tell you all about Sydney and the Great Ocean Road and didnt tell you about Melbourne!

We left Perth on the 28th March and flew from Perth to Melbourne and got to our hostel about 2am. We sneaked into our dorm and tried not to wake the other 5 girls and tried to get some sleep. We're in an 8 bed dorm and all the girls that come and go appear really nice and friendly. They are from all over including Scotland, Canada, Holland and Germany.

On the 29th we headed to the backpacker travel company, Peter Pans. It was here that we said goodbye to nearly £1,000 :-( This did however pay for most hostels from now on, trips to the barrier reef, whitsundays, fraser island and much more and also our car for the great ocean road. You'll also be depressed to know that to fill up our car was approx £33 and that lasted us a few hundred miles for the whole trip! Anyway that night we walked around the city and saw the sites.

The next day we went back into the city and and went on
041041041

West gate bridge to Melbourne
the free city shuttle. The driver tells you about the city and you can hop on and off whenever you want. We saw the botanic gardens and the shrine of remembrance, St Paul's Cathedral, Southbank, Queen Victoria Market, University of Melbourne, Melbourne Museum, and Federation Square. After all the city seeign we were then tired so headed back on the free tram. We then went back to the hostel and had our bargain $5 chicken meal with white wine!

We then headed to the Great Ocean Road and you now know the rest! We are heading off to Bondi Beach today so I better go and if you all know me well enough you will know this is the highlight of my trip ha ha!


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

CIMG0911CIMG0911
CIMG0911

Stacey on on the free tram
CIMG0907CIMG0907
CIMG0907

Me on the tram
CIMG0906CIMG0906
CIMG0906

Our tram!
CIMG0879CIMG0879
CIMG0879

View of the city
CIMG0866CIMG0866
CIMG0866

St Paul's cathedral


Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0404s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb