The city of melbourne


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne » St Kilda
October 14th 2006
Published: October 14th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Black swanBlack swanBlack swan

It's the wrong colour
Well melbounre has turned out to be a very clean and pretty city. but appart from that from that, it also has a lovely beach and several large parks aswell.

The journey from bangkok to melbourne was marked with no problems appart from my inability to sleep as the inflight Entertainment was too entertaining and snacks like ice cream and hot chocolate kept coming round through out the journey. so didn't go hungery either.

Due to lack of sleep on the plane we spent the first day melbourne asleep, but did go out in the evening for a meal, (it's alot more expensive here then in thailand so no more eating out). afterwards we took a walk down to the beach in St Kilda, nice big and sandy. So when thursday turned out to be relly hot. it was time for the beach for the day. followed by a lovely bowl of pasta, cooked with my own fair hands, boooo.

Friday turned out be quite a cold day so. Decided to rent rollerblades and skake along the beach path. turned out to be a really good skate. The paths were really good and the scenary really pretty aswell.
Spidersweb in the sunlightSpidersweb in the sunlightSpidersweb in the sunlight

Trying to be artistic
altho my ankles were a rather sore by the time i got back to the shop.

Today i thought i best get abit practical and get bank account sorted and phone and things, so went into the city centre for the afternoon. I soon discovered that trams are not at all like buses and also discovered that it was saturday and all the banks were closed, oops forgot what day it was. but did manage to get to a phone so it wasn't all bad. also payed a visited the royal botanical gardens. which turned out to be really cool. saw loads of funny looking plants, blacks swans and also saw a cocktoo, but it flew off before i got a picture, what a shame. i'll have to try again another time.




Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

Royal botanical gardensRoyal botanical gardens
Royal botanical gardens

View across the lake


Tot: 0.15s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 11; qc: 57; dbt: 0.1184s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb