Ross Noble (UK) at the Melbourne International Comedy Festival


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne » St Kilda
April 24th 2006
Published: June 1st 2006
Edit Blog Post

Well this evening we went to see Ross Noble, one of my favourite British stand up comedians who was playing an extra show at the St Kilda Palais (about 5 mins walk from our flat in St Kilda. We already had ticekts thank god which we purchased the other night at the Beth Orton concert, and thank god we did. When we arrived there was a queue of at least 2,000 people waiting to pick up their tickets from the box office.

Ross Noble had had a 2 week stint at the comedy festival playing another theatre and had sold out every night. Due to popular demand he had put on at late notice one final night - tonight show. Because it was short notice ticketmaster didnt have time to mail everyone their tickets so they had to queue at the theatre box office to pick them up before queing again to get into the theatre - organisational nightmare.

Luckily though as we already had our tickets we were able to go straight in but due to the queues outside the show was delayed by 1 hour to give everyone the chance to find their seats and get in.

Ross was very apologetic to everyone for the delay in the show and seemed as though he would make up for it by cracking jokes forever. I think he came back for about 3 encores in the end. The show was well worth the wait and we both thoroughloy enjoyed it. I'd never seen him live but had seen him a few times back in the UK on telly. Needless to say I would definitely go again and would recommend him to anyone. A great comedic story and ramblings well told. Bravo!

Mike

Advertisement



Tot: 0.097s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 12; qc: 48; dbt: 0.057s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb