In Ozzieland


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne » St Kilda
March 22nd 2006
Published: March 22nd 2006
Edit Blog Post

We arrived in Melbourne yesterday-our flight was delayed by 3 hours as they found drugs in the toilet on the plane before we boarded! Our first flight with Quantas was much better than Cathay-glad we have a few more flights with them!

We went to the Classification games for Men's Basketball yesterday Scotland V South Africa, Semi Finals for Womens Basketball New Zealand V England. I don't really know much about basketball but we still managed to get into the games! Virtually the only British fans in the Crowd! Today we went to the Athletics, track and field, it was still very exciting, though not as engaging as the BB games. We are staying at the Base hostel in St Kilda, in the Sanctuary room (girls only), in one of the best areas to stay in Melbourne, the street next to us is filled with Pattiseries, Cafes and Restaurants..... the choice is endless. St Kilda Beach is just around the corner, not one of the best beaches in Australia but a nice change after being in the city for 2 weeks.

We have been to Federation Sq where they have a massive TV screen showing the activites of the
Federation SquareFederation SquareFederation Square

Two tall Ladies
games, it is a great atmosphere out here, all of the Australians we have met soo far have been really nice- even at the immigration desk at the airport (couldn't believe they actually spoke to us!)- they have guides here dressed in blue all over theplace who are at hand to answer any questions we have and give directions- soo handy (they are all volunteers), England better take tips from the Aussies for the Olympics in 2012.

23rd March we are going to do the Neighbours Tour ( Yipppeeee!) Kay and Charlene are really excited- I'm sure I will be once I get there. A few more days in Melbourne for us then we are off to Sydney!

So far I am loving it in Australia!!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 22, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

Federation SquareFederation Square
Federation Square

Shark Safety officers
Melbourne Botanical GardensMelbourne Botanical Gardens
Melbourne Botanical Gardens

Someone getting married! It was soo sweet!!!
Palace NightclubPalace Nightclub
Palace Nightclub

For those of who know, this is the Blue Orchid of Melbourne!


Tot: 0.146s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 14; qc: 67; dbt: 0.0639s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb