Melbourne


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne » St Kilda
November 6th 2008
Published: November 6th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hi everyone,

Just thought I'd let you all know how I am getting on....

We have been in Melbourne for 2 weeks now and have loved every minute. It is an amazing city, with so much to offer. We have been living in St Kilda, which is about 20 minutes outside the city. It's a really great place, right on the beach. The weather has been pretty good to us so we have managed to get a few days down there!

So, from St Kilda we have travelled into Melbourne quite a few times and seen everything there is to see! The highlight of course being the Crown Casino! Couldn't belive how big it was and how many people were in there. We went a few nights ago to play poker and were lucky enough to see Shane Warne playing! There quite a few Australian celebs down there but we didn't really know who they were. Although we did see Brian McFadden (guy from Westlife) stumbling around looking a little worse for wear! I also met Keith Senior (the England centre) in there. Thought it was a bit late for him to be out seeing as we had a game coming up....and after the result I think I was right! That brings me on to the Australia game! Well i dont know where to start...not sure what the coverage is like back home, so if you don't know the result....Engalnd lost 52-4! We were so disappointing! Having been looking forward to the game for so long I guess i hadnt thought about the actual result...so having had a really great day, mixing with all the other England and Aussie fans before the game we left the game pretty deflated! Let's just hope they turn it around for the game against New Zealand on Saturday! That is where we are now headed...catching the overnight bus up to Sydney and then onto Newcastle.

I'm having a really great time, met loads of really nice people and it's a shame we have to leave Melbourne, but there is lot's more to see and I'm really excited about the rest of my trip.

Sorry for the lack of photos, will try and put some on next time...

Hope you are all well and look forward to hearing from you...


Advertisement



Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.026s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0339s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb