A Teary Farewell to Nora


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne » St Kilda
May 6th 2008
Published: August 18th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Nora sold!Nora sold!Nora sold!

Oh to be rich!
Day 405 (05.05.08) to Day 411 (11.05.08)

Whilst at work on Monday we got the call we'd been waiting for from the garage - Nora was finally fixed. There was an appointment booked to transfer the ownership the following day so we were just in time not to have to cancel the umpteenth appointment. We left work a little early and raced to the garage to collect our little van who, with her brand new windscreen, four fresh tyres and many other new elements, looked fantastic!

We drove away in our smoothly running little beauty and headed over to Tiana and Ash's house where we were being treated to dinner. We spent the evening learning about their trip to New Zealand, checking out their travel pics and getting some tips for when we go over.

To round off the evening we took Nora over to Sarah and Duan's and finally handed over the keys to the new proud owners of the best van in Australia! We were sad to see her go but glad she was going to a good home and to owners who, having put up with so much in the last few weeks, obviously really wanted her!

The week continued as usual with us polishing up our now pretty impressive dance moves at Swing Class and a win for Mark's basketball team on Wednesday night.

Since morale had dropped a bit at work following the office move we'd decided to have a 'bake day' to cheer us all up so, in preparation, Rob came over on Thursday night and we spent the evening making biscuits and rice crispie cakes for everyone to enjoy on Friday.

The cakes and biccies went down a storm at work and brightened up the last day of another thrilling week. Friday night frivolities have changed somewhat since there is no longer a bar right next door to the office. After work it was only four of us who headed out for drinks as we were joined by Rob and Coops on a mission to Chapel Street, some cheap pizzas at the Lucky Coq and a few drinks back at Chez Hayward to round off the night.

We had another catering job on Saturday afternoon which left us with a stack of meat to bring home with us again and also with a good excuse to have a lie-in on Sunday!

After chilling out all Sunday morning we cycled down to the beachfront in St Kilda where they hold a weekly craft market held by the numerous talented artisits who live in Melbourne. We wandered through all the stalls and found the artist whose work we'd fallen in love with at the market we'd been to last week. We still hadn't bought a souvenir from Australia so decided that we would buy one of his depicionsof a Melbourne Street scene to remind us of our time here - beautiful!

Back at home we passed the rest of the afternoon with a Kill Bill marathon and made the most of the leftovers from the job the night before - lovely not to have to cook for a change!




Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

St KildaSt Kilda
St Kilda

The iconic entrance to Luna Park
Nora sold!Nora sold!
Nora sold!

Never had so much cash!


Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0428s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb