Leaving Melbourne


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne » St Kilda
May 6th 2008
Published: May 6th 2008
Edit Blog Post

So after eight days, I'm finally ready to leave Melbourne. It's been a pretty nice time. I suppose I haven't been toooo busy. I spend most days walking around, going to the library, hanging out by the beautiful Yarra river that runs through the town.

Adam and I visited the casino, the largest in the southern hemisphere. Adam actually made profit player poker - he went in with 75 and walked out iwth 110 - not bad, for his first go! I decided not to gamble, because slots are boring and I don't trust my poker face.

We also headed down to the 'Espy' on friday night. The Esplanade Hotel is in a neighborhood called St.Kilda, and is probably Melbourne's most famous bar. Had a great time there! The bands playing were quite good.

Had a bit of a piss-off yesterday. My bus was supposed to leave during the night, at eight o'clock, but I was having a great time and wanted to see if I could get the bus the following day. So I called greyhound, but they were closed, and the automated machine suggested that I call the Melbourne Bus Terminal. I did so, and the guy there said he'd make a call on my behalf. Right as I was about to hop on the bus, I got a call back, and he announced he'd been able to make the ticket open, and that I should call greyhound the next day. I confirmedwith the driver, and yes, my ticket had been canceled. So I went off and had a good night.

This morning I called to rebook, and the greyhound people told me that not only had my ticket never been canceled, but because I had bought a ticket on special, that it was entirely non-refundable. When I asked to speak to the manager, he began the conversation by saying "what are you crying about?" He ended up being entirely unhelpful, and refused to give me the contact information for his boss. Put me in an awful mood. So I had to go ahead and buy a new ticket - it's like another 75 bucks! I can live on that for two days! So I'm all angry today. I'll be hanging out with my friend Kyle later though, a Welsh guy. Maybe that'll cheer me up.

So today's the sixth, and my flight for NZ is leaving on the eighth! So after two and a half months, I'll finally be leaving Australia. I've had a wonderful time here, the West Coast was unquestionably the best part, and I'll miss it. Having said that, I'm ready to move on. Australia's very easy to travel in, almost too easy, and I'm ready for something a bit different. So on to the next thing!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.095s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0462s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb