A whole year away


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne » St Kilda
April 22nd 2008
Published: June 15th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Day 364 (25.03.08) to Day 369 (30.03.08)

Today it was back to work for another four day week which despite the lower pay is quite a blessing. For Chrissie’s birthday we’d planned to go to watch the production of Romeo and Juliet that was happening in the Botanical Gardens only when Mark went out to get tickets at lunchtime he found that it wasn’t actually happening anymore. Contrary to the advice we’d got from the visitors centre and the website it had finished two weeks previously. So, after our weekly dancing class (where we learnt some 20s style Charlston this week) we went back to the flat and enjoyed the excellent picnic we’d bought to eat in the park.

Wednesday was not only the anniversary of the date we left home but the evening saw the ‘finals’ of the mixed basketball league Mark had been playing in. Since Tiana and Ash were away on holiday the team was a man short and Andre from work had said he’d step in and play. After a bit of dinner at Chez Hayward the players and their fans, Chrissie and Rob, made their way down to the game. The team played fantastically but despite an admirable effort from all involved (including the best supporters the centre has ever seen and heard) they lost to the opponents 20-27.

Chrissie’s birthday fell on the Friday of this week and she was fully pampered by Mark delivering bacon butties in bed with presents and cards before work. Thanks to everyone who managed to get a card out and thanks to Mum and Dad for the pressies - much appreciated. A day at work was brightened by pressies from everyone in the team (a cardigan and scarf in preparation for the winter swiftly approaching) and a birthday cake and candles from Mark. The day ended, as Fridays often do, with drinks at the Curve bar at the next door Arts Centre which saw us continuing on until the early hours at a bar with sufficiently cheesy music to see us all dancing wildly - a great birthday.

The weekend involved us recovering from the lack of sleep from Friday night and trying to catch up on this blog as we had borrowed Tiana’s laptop whilst she was on holiday and were determined to fill in the last couple of months to let you all know what we’ve been up to.



Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 15; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0526s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb