Continent Number 2!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne » St Kilda
March 22nd 2008
Published: March 22nd 2008
Edit Blog Post

We arrived in Australia a couple of days ago and headed straight to St Kilda which is cool, kind of like the Northern Quarter in Manchester. I'm finding a lot similar to home actually, we've been here at a really good time too because it's the Melbourne International Comedy Festival and we managed somehow to get free tickets for 2 shows last night so had a really really good free night out! We also saw some street performers earlier on which were good, made the city feel very lively considering the fact that all of the shops were closed because it was good friday!

We've been attempting to make a plan for the next few weeks and it's not worked out very well. We almost had an amazing really cheap plan involving a roadtrip to Uluru but as we're under 21 we can't do it.. Instead we've booked a greyhound tour to take us up to Cairns. The main problem with here is that it is about a million times more expensive than the Asian countries we visited.

Singapore was amazing, almost everyone was really helpful and the city was just amazing, really efficiently run and clean as well as having amazing cultural things to look at, museums and just general areas fantastic for people watching! We're now into hostel life also since Singapore, very different to having our own room, especially when we're paying loads more for it, but we should meet some nice people. The entirity of Melbourne's hostels seem to be booked up for this weekend though so we're sleeping on the coach going overnight to Sydney! The plan is to return to Melbourne earlier which will be good - the neighbours tour is a must - I'm worried I won't make it!

So, we're spending half of Easter day on the coach, and the second half in a hostel cooking pasta and eating our Easter eggs!

Happy Easter to all
x

Advertisement



Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0343s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb