On The Road Again, duh da dee dah, de da...


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne » St Kilda
March 21st 2008
Published: March 21st 2008
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Europe, 2008


Yep, that's right ladies and Gentlemen...

And back to

Europe

. It's like I'm addicted to the place, or something. Well.

I think what happened is that I finally gave into my parents' pesterings and agreed to show them around bits of where I went to. Apparently it's kind of exciting to them, to think that those "dark countries" as dad will put it; are now open and ready for business. I still think they should go to Bosnia i Hercegovna, Serbia and Romania, but Central Europe will do.

The Itinerary; as follows:



London (Hi Nath and Nic!)
Pula, Istria (Croatia)
Rovinj, Istria (Croatia) (New!)
Piran (Slovenia)(New!)
Skojan Caves (Slovenia) (New!)
Bohinj, (Slovenia) (Previously favorited)
Bled, (Slovenia)
Ljubljana, (Slovenia)
Vienna, (Austria) (New!)
Bratislava, (Slovakia)(New!)
Danube Bend (Hungary)(sort of New!)
Budapest (Hungary)
Eger (Hungary)(Previously favorited)
Tokaj (Hungary)(New!)
Kosice(Slovakia)
Levoca, Spisske Podhradie (Slovakia)(Previously favorited)
Cesky Krumlov (Czech Republic)(Previously favorited)
Cesky Budejovice (Czech Republic)(New!--Well, last time I just transited through there, barely stopped an hour... so dammit, New!)
Prague(Czech Republic)
Kutna Hora (The ossuary)(Czech Republic)
Then London and home again.

Three and a half weeks. All driving, plush luxury in comparison (although I just don't see how Bohinj and Bled will be the same without the terror that despite the half-Slovenian half-German you could muster, you are still on The Wrong Bus, then realise, (sheepishly, although glad you never have to admit it to anyone else {choosing to admit is is abother matter}) there is Only One Bus anyway.

I'm still going to try and convince my parents that some of those wonderful hostels are worth it. Bled, for instance. And London.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.113s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0453s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb