St Kilda Festival


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne » St Kilda
February 12th 2008
Published: February 29th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Ricky Ricky Ricky

and his rocket ;)
In the summer there are lots of festivals and stuff on, half of which I bet we would never ever know about!! St Kilda Festival is about the biggest I think - all the streets are closed near the beach, there are food stalls, markets, rides, alcohol breath testing (!!) and a massive wakeboard competition.

We were a little tired from the Charity Ball on the Fri so we never headed down to St Kilda until about 3pm, but it was all still happening. We took a stroll along Fitzroy St and at this time everywhere was absolutely mobbed - loud music, dancing, drinking, there was a great atmosphere!

Ricky noticed a rocket simulator (funny that!?) so we had a go on that - OMG! It was the worst ride I have ever been on - Me and Ricky were on the front row and we just looked at one another and laughed!! It was crap.

We met up with Kellie and Ryan for some ice cream and a walk and then we watched the wakeboarding comp. It was pretty cool and it was great to see some "snowboard" type action!!

All in all it was a
The Swing PatrolThe Swing PatrolThe Swing Patrol

A swing dance group showing off some moves!
pretty chilled out day and it was here that I decided to visit a chiroprator for a sore shoulder after a chat to a guy from a local clinic who was at the festival.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

A band playing A band playing
A band playing

on the beachfront
Nice Nice
Nice

Good shot!!
Going for a paddleGoing for a paddle
Going for a paddle

No sharks here!!


Tot: 0.42s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 9; qc: 46; dbt: 0.3531s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb