G'day Mate!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne » St Kilda
March 12th 2007
Published: August 9th 2007
Edit Blog Post


Australia turned out to be better than expected, i had got over the shock that everything is more expensive and nothing is backwards like it is in South America so was quite looking forward to the next couple of months.

Our first stop was Melbourne, we stayed in a little suburb called St. Kilda which looked a bit like blackpool beach but we settled in nicely here. We spent the next month looking around the city and exploring the trendy suburbs with loads of art galleries, vintage shops, food and wine festivals, music festivals and all sorts. The city itself is rather artistic with loads of cultural events and of course the Grand Prix! Second time in one year! We were luck although we were made use of this time! Handing out magazines but we managed to sneak into the grand stand on the first corner where tickets were going for over 500 dollas!

It was great to see our friends Jackie and wayne who live here and we had many roast dinners with extra Yorkshire puddings together at thier house! Also another great evening was visiting Peter and Gloria at their fabulous apartment, fresh smoked eel which
China townChina townChina town

In Melbourne city centre
was delicous and plenty of other tasty food! We were really spoilt!


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Old Melbourne GoalOld Melbourne Goal
Old Melbourne Goal

Kate ,Jackie and i dressed in ned Kelly hats at the goal. We had a tour around the prison witht he guide filling us in on all the grusome hangings( didnt enjoy the stories much, made my stomache turn) but the history was interesting.
Jackie and WayneJackie and Wayne
Jackie and Wayne

They both are living in melbourne so it was great to see them and had many tasty homemade dinners at theirs!


Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0408s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb